Do you love cranberries?
October 27, 2015
Sue Hitzmann hits the kitchen, with the help of Jori, in this MELT video feature to show you one of her favorite recipes for a healthy fall and winter. This low-sugar, low-glycemic cranberry recipe will be great as a topping or just alone.
- Boil one cup of orange juice.
- Add one 12-ounce bag of cranberries.
- Stir and cook until the mixture is soft but still has chunks of cranberry to add texture.
- Add a few droppings of cinnamon.
- If you want to make it sweeter, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, honey or two packets of Stevia.
- After it cools, put the mixture in the refrigerator so it solidifies more.
- Add as a topping to cereal and other dishes.
This dish has low sugar content, offers a solid dosage of phytonutrients (which serve as antioxidants and are anti-inflammatory) and is good for gastrointestinal health.